Nomination submission guide
Help us recognize a deserving volunteer
Please submit your nomination using the form below. In it, you will describe the achievements and contributions of the individual or organization to the Veteran community. You will also need to provide supporting letters from others who are familiar with the nominee’s accomplishments.
Each year, a call goes out in the spring for nominations for the Veterans Ombud Commendation. The nomination deadline is June 30, 2023. In the fall, recipients are informed if they’ve been selected, and recipients are announced. A presentation ceremony to honour the recipients will be held in late November 2023
A nomination must include the following:
- A completed nomination form;
- A nomination summary (written, video, or audio format accepted) of approximately 300 words in length, explaining why the nominee should be awarded the commendation; and
- Two (2) independent letters of support from individuals other than the nominator (maximum 750 words in length).
When preparing a nomination please ensure that:
- The nomination package is complete including the nomination form, nomination summary, and two independent letters of support; and that
- Nomination letters clearly illustrate how the individual or organization has made a lasting and positive impact on Veterans and their families. Please include examples.
Send in your nomination
Please send your nomination form, summary and letters of support by mail, fax or electronically:
- By mail:
- Office of the Veterans Ombud
PO Box 66
- By fax:
- 1 888-566-7582
- By e-mail:
You will receive confirmation of receipt once your nomination has been received. Thank you for all your effort in helping to recognize the outstanding people who contribute to the lives of Veterans and their families. Still have more questions, check out our Commendation FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).